Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Welcome

Hello and welcome to my music blog, Spin The Black Circle. The title is inspired by the Pearl Jam track of the same name on their 3rd album Vitalogy. Pearl Jam are just one of the many many bands you will read about on my blog. This blog will help you, the readers to stay up to date with the latest happenings in the world of music, which we all know moves and shifts very quickly. But not only will this site keep you informed with the latest news and views but I hope to share my knowledge with you about the history of modern music going back to the early days of rock n roll and through the many era's and generation which separate now and then.

The focus of the blog will primarily be alternative music and the classic rock bands of the past. By alternative I am referring to acts who provide us with a sound different to what you might find at the top of the charts. But I will not limit myself to such artists, if there is an artist at the top of the charts I respect then I will not ignore them but the purpose of this blog is to expose everyone to lesser known acts who deserve extra recognition for their work. I should also add that being Australian myself I will have a slight bias towards local music but international readers will not feel alienated.

I will explain the different aspects of the blog in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment