Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sections

The blog will include the following sections. You will have easy access to them using the labels.

News of the World
Inspired by the brilliant Queen album of 1977 which gave us hits such as We Are The Champions, We Will Rock You and Sheer Heart Attack.

Latest news from the world of music including album releases, tour announcements, festival updates, reunions, break-ups, industry activity, interviews, magazine articles, strong rumours, new gadgets and everything else I come across. From time to time I will give my own editorial on the news. I will try and steer away from song and album leaks but in this modern age it is hard to ignore such events. My sources will range from NME magazine to Pitchfork.com as well as Triple J radio. As noted earlier there will be an Australian bias throughout the blog.

Two Up
Inspired by the famous Australian pastime from colonial times, now illegal except on ANZAC Day (25th April)

Twice a week I will post 2 newly released songs from the biggest bands in the world down to unsigned up and comers. Where possible I will attach a Youtube clip. There will be instances where posting a song will lead to copyright infringement. I accept this but this will not stop from posting these tracks.

New Born
Inspired by the Muse track from their album Origin of Symmetry which was released back in 2001 to much acclaim.

At least once a week I will provide a full review of an album released in that week. For albums I haven't had the opportunity to listen to I will compile reviews from respected critics. EP's will also be included.

Rock n Roll Star
Inspired by the opening track from Oasis' debut record Definitely Maybe, one of the most popular records in British music history.

Now and then I will do a flashback to some of the great classic artists and bands who influenced and moulded music into what it is today. A majority of the artists will hail from the 60s and 70s with a select few from other periods. It is impossible to cover the career of a legendary artist or band in one go so I will start with introductions to each act and over time expand on them with subsequent posts.

Talk Show Host
Inspired by the B-side from Radiohead's fifth and final single of their album The Bends, Street Spirit (Fade Out). It featured in the movie Romeo + Juliet in 1996.

On rare occassions I will write my opinion on issues in the music world. But over the first few months of the blog I will focus on album recommendations.

Youtube Killed The TV Star
Inspired by The Buggles hit Video Killed The Radio Star, it will forever be remembered as the first song played on MTV.

In conjunction with this blog I will set up a Youtube channel which will host most of the videos I post here. When that is not possible I will simply provide links to the concert footage, music videos and TV Appearances.

My List
Inspired by the Killers track from Sam's Town.

I have an addiction to music lists. They often inspire great debates and discussion. So every so often I will put up a list of some kind either one I have constructed myself or one taken from a music source. For example, my Top 10 Albums of 2008, Top 10 Albums for Late Nights, Top 20 Hard Rock Anthems etc etc.

I also intend to include some rock trivia but that is fair way off.

Proper blogging will begin very soon

No comments:

Post a Comment