Monday, August 3, 2009

Uprising - Muse



Album: The Resistance (out September 14)
Release: 3rd August
Length:5:90

The first official single off the forthcoming album The Resistance has leaked almost 24hrs before its world premiere on Zane Lowe's BBC Radio 1 show. In a previous post I included a preview of the song in which Lowe claimed that there was a rap-section in the song. Nothing could be further from the truth. If anything it really reminds me of the eclectic American art rock group Battles. A grinding dancefloor ready bass line, a beat that belongs on a Peaches song with 'we-will-fight-to-the-end' lyrics. There is nothing all that wrong with this track, it's actually quite enjoyable to listen to. The only let down on this track would be the rather dull guitar work, I understand that this is very much a bass driven song but I'm sure there are countless Muse fans out there like myself who prefer their guitar driven songs. I don't see this song adding to the anticipation of The Resistance but it won't hurt them.

No comments:

Post a Comment